Experienced Quantity Suveyor
Capcon Building Ltd is an established construction company trading together with group companies Alder Homes. Due to immediate requirements, we are seeking an ambitious, talented Quantity Surveyor to join our growing team. This is dynamic, hands-on role requiring excellent client management skills across all commercial aspects of building and engineering projects from initial estimates to final accounts.
The successful applicant will provide commercial support to the project & finance teams, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements. You will liaise with customer representatives and other third parties on commercial issues including agreement of measures, valuation claims & variations.
The role of QS in the organisation is much broader than the traditional one. The position will provide you with the opportunity to expand your skills set and progress quickly to a more senior role within the group. Working closely with the Directors and other key management personnel, you will be joining the business at a very significant time of growth.
- Building excellent relationships with clients
- Providing support to the entire team in all phases of the projects including cost management, contractor performance assessment and procurement
- Liaising with clients from initial enquiry through to final accounts
- Ensuring terms and conditions of contracts are appropriate to the business, with commercial risks identified
- Producing cost plans & estimates
Your Skills & Experience
- Level 8 Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Economics or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience is preferred
- Highly ambitious and motivated with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good PC skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word
If you feel you have the ambition, skills and talent to join our team, please contact us. Our employees are critical to our success and as such, we always provide a safe and sustainable place of work. We are an equal opportunity employer and take a flexible approach to each individual’s requirements. Our location in Maynooth offers a great work life balance and the advantage of commuting against the run of traffic.
The position will have;
- Annual Leave – 21 days
- Commercial vehicle or travel allowance
- Mobile Phone
- Pension & Life Assurance
- Bonus Scheme